Four Days on the
Island of Tahiti
Many visitors are discovering that the island of
Tahiti is more than an overnight stop and are extending
their stay to enjoy the unlimited excursions, shopping,
fine dining, breathtaking natural beauty, and nighttime
Here is a sample itinerary:
Discover the Real Papeete
- Shopping at Le Marché and at the colorful
shops all along the waterfront.
- Walking tour of Old Papeete.
- Pearl shopping and a visit to the Pearl Museum.
- Visit art galleries and exhibits.
- Hear joyous singing at a church.
- Enjoy dinner at the roulottes in the waterfront
area of Vai'ete Square.
Take a Road Trip in Paradise
- Circle the island by bus or car.
- Picnic on a black-sand beach.
- Explore high waterfalls by helicopter.
- Tour the museums around the island.
- Take a safari by 4X4 deep into the valleys.
- Hike with a guide up Aorai Mountain.
- Dine at one of the resort restaurants.
Day Trip to Moorea
- Take a fast catamaran from Tahiti to Moorea
- Jump in a 4x4 and explore the interior.
- Visit a fruit tasting factory.
- Shop for crafts made in Moorea.
- Return to dine at one of the locals' favorites around
Papeete or at one of the beautiful world-class restaurants
in the resorts.
- Snorkel in the clear waters around the resorts or
in Matavai Bay
- Hire a dive master and learn to dive or to explore
the sunken vessels and coral walls
- Canoe or kayak in the lagoo
- Fish the deep sea for marlin
- Charter a sailing catamaran
- Windsurf, waterski, or jetski
- Swim in the famous grotto
Experiences like these can be reserved in advance
by your travel arranger or at your resort.